Entebbe is a town located in Central Uganda North of Lake Victoria on a peninsular, it is about 37 Kilometres away from the Capital City of Kampala.
The host of the only operational international airport, the Entebbe international airport, and also the largest commercial and military airport.
Entebbe town hosts many NGO offices including the UN, the statehouse, and a popular residence town for most diplomats.
Attractions and Experiences in Entebbe:– The Old airport terminal, popular for the operation Thurdebolt that took place on 4th July 1996 when the Israel commandos rescued 104 of 106 hostages with a quarter of the then Uganda airforce destroyed.
– Uganda Wildlife Education Centre (UWEC), Also known as the Entebbe Zoo is a center for conservation to rescue endangered animal species. It has experiences including the view of feeding the animals and the Behind the scenes experience where you participate in the feeding.
– The Botanical Gardens is a conservation center for many tree species and birds, a day visit is a good experience for nature lovers.
– Ngamba Island (The Jane Goodal Institute), is on an island on Lake Victoria in Entebbe.
– A conservation center for rescued chimpanzees, only 45 minutes by speed boat. You will view the feeding of the chimps on one of their trips from Entebbe in the morning or in the afternoon.
– Other activities in Entebbe include; Visit the local markets, Cycling experience within Entebbe, Walking excursions, Visit the fishing villages on the shores of lake victoria, Golf, Fishing, and Boat excursion on victoria lake.
For more details and to plan a tailor-made kosher safari trip in Africa – contact us now!